State Policy AgendaRecent Health Policy Support & Success Initiatives
- Safe Streets – Speed Reduction
- Healthier Next Generation
- Invest $500,000 in the Farmers Market Nutrition Program (helps low-income seniors, new moms and young children buy fresh produce directly from 560 Washington farmers through the Farmers Market Nutrition Programs)
1. Support state Capitol budget funds for necessary infrastructure in schools for clean tap water fountains.
2. Support state Capitol budgerpt funds for necessary infrastructure in schools to support cooking of school meals on site.
3. Increase state funding for the Safe Routes to Schools Program.
4. Support E-Cigarette strategies, which restricts access to youth (restricting advertising, definition of E-Cigarettes, licensing retailers).
5. Support the creation of a new Medicaid benefit in Washington to cover the case management and tenancy support services outline in Permanent Supportive Housing.